Friday, September 21, 2012

Sushi

Posted September 19, 2012 By janice Sushi Sushi

This is more about being creative and having fun rather than a recipe.  I just went to the market and thought, “How can I solve my craving for sushi tonight? And still stay Dukan friendly?”

Sashimi Sashimi

SUSHI

2 large cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced from the outside
2 hard-boiled eggs, yolks removed and cut in half lengthwise
6 cooked shrimp
1/4 lb imitation crab meat
1/8 lb sushi-grade salmon
1 12 oz bag cauliflower florets, steamed and smashed
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
green onion, thinly sliced
low sodium soy sauce
wasabi
pickled ginger

My Sushi Restaurant My Sushi Restaurant

So, I cheated because i didn’t have time to go to Santa Monica Seafood.  I bought some sushi and just removed the salmon.  Took the wasabi and ginger from it and threw the rest of it away.  You can always serve it to the rest of the family and just fill the empty sushi rolls with a bit of the other seafood so you get some of the salmon or tuna or whatever kind you buy!  Otherwise, I took a small thin slice of cucumber, topped it with some steamed cauliflower and seafood, a little jalapeno or green onion, and voila, Sushi!  Some steamed cauliflower in a cute rice bowl, some green onion, soy sauce, and wasabi and voila, Rice!  Some seafood on the side and you have yourself some sashimi.  Egg whites are a perfect holder for seafood too!

Print Friendly

View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment