Thursday, January 22, 2015

Hot Dogs For Dinner

Dukan Diet Recipe Hot Dogs Hot Dogs

So, not exactly a Dukan Diet recipe but I wanted you all to know that I’m just like the rest of the world and don’t like cooking EVERY night.  Although I like cooking a lot!  Tonight I stopped by Smart&Final, a discount market we have all over Los Angeles.  They have these fabulous lowfat hotdogs (albeit loaded with stuff I’m sure my body doesn’t think is all that fabulous) from HOFFY that are endorsed by The Hungry Girl, who also happens to be located here in LA.  She posts lots of cool lowfat recipes and tips for dieting and keeping trim.  Not exactly what I consider “healthy” stuff but lower in fat and calories.

Dukan Diet Recipe Hot Dogs Hoffy Hot Dogs

At any rate, these hot dogs are really good and I really wanted one last night so I went for it.  With only 4 grams of fat and 90 calories per hot dog, ok, I had two, I didn’t feel so guilty.  They’re also gluten-free and no MSG–although I’m not saying in any means are they a perfect food.  They have a pretty high sodium count and they have nitrites (not a good ingredient in any of our food).  Once I boiled them, yes, I like boiled hot dogs, I cut it down the middle and filled it with onions and mustard and ate it like a hot dog!  It was awesome.  Hope you can find them in your neighborhood.  They’re gonna be great this summer on the grill–in moderation, of course.

HAPPY WEEKEND EVERYONE!

Print Friendly

View the original article here


This post was made using the Auto Blogging Software from WebMagnates.org This line will not appear when posts are made after activating the software to full version.

No comments:

Post a Comment