Saturday, October 6, 2012

Shopping list and Menu for the week

LIST OF RACES AND THE MENU PLANNED FOR THE WEEK

I did not always have the time to do it, but I found myself with some free minutes this week, and I know how to take advantage of many readers of this blog list and menus provided to make it easier on themselves.  Friday, I posted a recipe for chicken house stock I used in many of these recipes.  I tell you, this is the case is worth the time and effort (and it's really not that big of a deal, you just throw it all in the pot and wait 2 hours, filter and store) because the stock is much tastier and it's so satisfying to know that you made it yourself all!  So... here is my menu for the week.  I hope this works for you all.  I'll post the first recipe Monday morning.  Happy dieting!

MENU:

Perfect chicken roasted of a previous post this week, with SAUTEED cabbage and carrots

KALE GRAVY PORK CHOPS
CHICKEN CURRY SOUP
SOUP WITH BREAD HAM ' N CHEDDAR CHEESE AND BROCCOLI
BRAISED BEEF AND CARROTS

SHOPPING LIST:

a whole chicken  (For this first dish of the week you want to change the original recipe posted for a whole chicken instead of 8 pieces of chicken.)  In this way, you can use the following night of the breast for your soup.  (You'll want to buy enough kale for this dish and the pork chops with the third day)
a large bunch of kale
a 3 lb bag of carrots
2 cups of cauliflower bouquets
2 Centre pork chops  (I'll post another recipe of pork chop next week so if it is cheaper to buy multipack-do so!)
4 cups of broccoli bouquets
top sirloin 3 lbs (I used a large piece of chest for the first cut and had my butcher to trim all the fat it first cut is much leaner than the second notch)

PANTRY ITEMS YOU MAY OR MAY NOT:

chicken house stock
low fat beef broth
a lemon
mustard
paprika
sweetener
cooking spray
Onion
green onions
fat-free milk
curry powder
corn starch
fat free cheddar cheese, grated
fat free Philadelphia cream cheese
fat free Greek yogurt
jalapeno pepper
red pepper
4 whole eggs plus 2 egg whites
baking powder
oat bran
wheat bran
low ham fat, low in sodium, diced
free fat, grated mozzarella (or you can just use cheddar cheese soup recipe)
dry red wine
Chile powder
Paprika (I use smoked Spanish)

Print Friendly

View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment