Saturday, May 19, 2012

Cinnamon Oat Bran breadcrumbs

Cinnamon Oat Bran breadcrumbs

I responded to a comment on the site and thought about them.  Thanks for the inspiration of Lisa!  I thought that these sounded so good sprinkled on my yogurt, I went and done immediately.  And they were!  A very simple solution to change my daily yogurt and a new way to get my oat bran!  I can't wait to see what I can do with these!  They take a little effort, but they are well worth it!

CINNAMON OAT BRAN BREADCRUMBS

6 T Oat Bran
3 Skim T cream cheese
3 eggs or 3/4 cup of egg whites
1 t sugar, I use 2 T zero calorie brown sugar
1 T cinnamon
1 t vanilla
pinch of salt
3 - 4 T water

Beat the first three ingredients and add a spoon to soup of water at a time until you get it to the consistency of pancake batter.  Pour 1/4 cup of the mixture in a large covered skillet for cooking spray.

Tilt the pan until dough makes a great thin circle and brown on the first side, flipping after appear it small air bubbles to the surface.

Brown on the other side.  After I did all the pancakes I grilled for their beautiful and Brown.

Then I put them in a food processor after cooling and treatment to breadcrumb consistency.

Then I grilled the breadcrumbs to 350 for 25 to 35 minutes, until the beautiful and Brown and crispy. They almost resemble the granola.  Keep unused bread crumbs in the refrigerator.

3 servings of oat bran

Print Friendly

View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment