Saturday, May 12, 2012

Turkey Sausage Patties with Poached Eggs

Turkey Sausage with Poached Eggs Turkey Sausage with Poached Eggs

Well, I thought I hated poached eggs.  I waited for Tom to come home before I made them so that he could enjoy them hot.  Well, I took a bite and had to make one for myself!  It was delicious!  And the sausage was kind of fun to season myself.  I really never thought about doing that before.  The maple syrup was a really nice addition to it.  I think i used too much cayenne pepper though!  So I adjusted the recipe so you guys only use 1/4 teaspoon.  Enjoy breakfast for dinner once in a while!

TURKEY SAUSAGE PATTIES WITH POACHED EGGS

2 lean sweet Italian sausages, casings removed
2 T sugar free maple syrup
1/4 t cayenne pepper
1/4 t cinnamon
1/8 t nutmeg
1/4 t black pepper
1/8 t garlic powder
2 T oat bran

Form 2 patties and brown in a saute pan until fully cooked, about 5-6 minutes per side.

POACHED EGGS

2 eggs
2 t of white vinegar
dash of salt

Heat the water in a deep sauce pan and turn off heat.  Add the salt and vinegar.  Break each egg into a small ramekin.  Swirl water and gently drop eggs into it.  Cover and let cook, untouched for 5 minutes.  Remove with a slotted spoon.

Print Friendly

View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment