Saturday, May 19, 2012

Easy Jambalaya

Easy Jambalaya Easy Jambalaya

Watch the spice on this one.  The kielbasa that I use from Whole Foods is super spicy to begin with.  So you may not need to add anymore spice to this dish.  It was delicious and all the elements were there for me not to think I was missing anything at all.  I think I have found my favorite way to eat Shirataki noodles.  All chopped and smothered in flavor!

EASY JAMBALAYA

8 ounces kielbasa, diced (I use Wellshire Farms Turkey Kielbasa–From Whole Foods)
1 onion, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 stalk celery, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 t cayenne pepper
1/2 t onion powder
1 bag angel hair Shirataki noodles, chopped like rice
2 cups low sodium chicken broth
2 bay leaves
2 t Worcestershire sauce
1/2 t hot pepper sauce
12 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, fresh or frozen

Saute kielbasa, onion, bell pepper, celery and garlic until soft, about 8 minutes. Season with cayenne, onion powder, salt and pepper. Cook another 2-3 minutes. Add noodles, then stir in chicken broth and bay leaves. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce and shrimp and cook just until shrimp is fully cooked or reheated, about 3-5 minutes.

Print Friendly

View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment