Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Mustard Chicken

Posted March 2, 2012 By Janice Mustard Chicken Mustard Chicken

Another delicious chicken dish.  I’m getting in the habit of buying the max-pack of something and making different recipes out of it.  It helps with saving money, but also helps with the variety of my meals during the week.  The only down side to it is that I don’t make enough of the ones that I really love.  And this week, I’ve loved every one of them!  I hate to keep saying that I loved this recipe, but this week, I truly LOVED every one of them!  Have a great weekend.  And try all these recipes–they rock.  Hope you all have a wonderful Saturday and Sunday!

MUSTARD CHICKEN

8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs or tenders
1/2 cup yellow or Dijon mustard
1 T Splenda or 2 T Brown Sugar Blend Splenda (Consolidation)
1 t ground allspice
1/8 t cinnamon
pinch of nutmeg
1/2 t crushed red pepper

In a skillet with a bit of cooking spray, brown both sides of your chicken.  Chicken thighs should probably cook for 5 minutes a side, chicken tenders for about 3.  While you’re doing that, combine the rest of the ingredients in a small bowl.  After your chicken has browned, add the sauce to the skillet and cook for another 5-10 minutes for thighs, 5-7 minutes for tenders, or until chicken is fully cooked.

Print Friendly

View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment