Sunday, January 22, 2012

Bacon and Sirloin Sliders

Posted January 16, 2012 By Janice Bacon and Sirloin Sliders

I was tempted to eat bad this weekend so I came up with something that I could eat, that satisfied the craving, but stayed in line with the diet.  I was completely happy with what I came up with.  I’ll be making them again for sure!  That’s chipotle taco sauce on there.  Remember ketchup has sugar in it, unless you can find sugarless!!

BACON AND SIRLOIN SLIDERS

1/2 pound of ground sirloin
2 slices turkey bacon, chopped
2 T fat free cheddar, grated
1 egg white
1/2 t smoked Spanish paprika
1/2 t red pepper flakes
1/2 t garlic powder
salt and pepper

Mix all ingredients with your hands, careful not to handle too much.  Season with salt and pepper.  Cook on a warm grill pan for about 5 minutes per side, or until desired doneness.  Serve with buns–I like to season my buns with whatever I’m using in the meat mixture.  This time I worked in a little bacon and cheese.

SLIDER BUNS

8 T oat bran
8 T wheat bran
2 eggs and 2 egg whites
2 T fat free cream cheese
2 T fat free cheddar, grated
2 T Greek yogurt
1/2 t minced onion
1/2 t garlic powder
1/2 t Spanish smoked paprika
1 t baking powder
1/4 t salt
1/4 t pepper

Mix all the wet ingredients together in one bowl.  Mix all the dry in another.  Fold the dry into the wet until mixed.  Divide the batter into 8 muffin tins, sprayed with a bit of cooking spray.  Bake at 350 for 16-18 minutes.

Cut buns in half, lenghwise and serve sliders with taco sauce and mustard.

Makes 4 sliders, 8 buns, 4 servings of oat bran

Print Friendly

View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment